I'D LIKE TO SEE A COMPUTER WRITE THAT # NUMMER EINS




THE GASLIGHT AND THE POWER LIE:

An Exercise in Elevated Doggerel 

 

The Gaslight and the Power Lie set out for space

in a puke-splattered boat designed by Claire Denis,

“The way it looks flat,

so that must be that,”

said Gassius Clay, the Seer.

 

Powli was nonplussed,

at the greyscale nonsense being gushed

by his proof-challenged friend on the left.

“I tell you I’m right,

so that’s it for the night,”

as they spun laughing through a hole.

 

Ol’ Holey spat them out. 

Singularly put out, said, 

Nil carborundum and fiddly dee.

“I know I’m voracious for light and all else,

But your garbage is too much for me.

 

Look, it’s not my place to give advice,

At least not without charge,

Given that my sole purpose is to suck without fee,

But you should give up the ghost,

Summon the host,

And let the poor little monkeys go free.


And thank your lucky stars I’m not woke!

 

(C) Copyright 2020 JK

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ANOCHT-KLAVIER KRIEGER-STRIBORG AT ALTAR, 1/7/23

CODEX SERAFINI - THE IMPRECATION OF ANIMA

CHRIS ABRAHAMS/OREN AMBARCHI/ROBBIE AVENAIM - PLACELESSNESS